Rose Quartz Gua Sha
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Unit price
Beautiful healing heart warming Rose Quartz Gua Sha face massage tool - each one varies as is a natural crystal.
About Gua sha
In recent years, the popularity of gua sha (pronounced gwā sā) has risen rapidly in the skincare and wellness realms. While the traditional practice has been around for centuries, much of the history and meaning behind the technique has been lost within the beauty industry. I want to acknowledge the cultural recognition of the Gua sha technique to traditional Chinese Medicine.
Between its effective remedy for swollen or red skin and its longstanding track record of usefulness in Eastern medicine, gua sha offers a myriad of benefits for one's skin and health. It is a scraping a tool/stone. This practice, and other areas of Chinese medicine, have been passed down for generations and are based on the idea of a connection between one's mind, body, and energy (qi).
For beauty purposes, facial gua sha implements the same methods used on the body to improve skin issues like redness, wrinkles, muscle or joint pain and elasticity.
How to use:
- First, apply oil serum Moon Gypsy or Sol Gypsy to the face to make sure the skin is moist for the tool to easily glide over the skin.
- With your tool, glide over the targeted area with light pressure, going over the area in the same direction. When practicing on the body, your movements should gradually dig deeper into the skin. Don't panic if your skin becomes red or develops bruises—this will diminish over time and means your body's blood circulation is increasing.
- Try also gliding the tool towards the body's lymph nodes to stimulate lymphatic drainage and reduce swelling in any problem areas.
- When practicing gua sha on your face, keep the pressure light.
- The primary way to use the tool is in a gliding motion against your skin, always pulling up. It's important to remember to glide with the flat side of the stone rather than the slender edge—about a 30-degree angle. Some people may prefer the edge for a more rigorous scrape. But be gentle to your skin.
- Some people recommend cooling the tool, but we recommend a warm hand tool to encourage the blood flow, you could follow with a cooled stone to soothe when you are finished.